It is interesting when I read about doughnuts. Doughnuts have been around since early 1900 century and apparently Doughnuts were from Dutch when they made
“Oil Cakes” then spread to United States and all countries.Now most people love including me!.
I can eat 2-3 doughnuts at a time especially if I drink coffee.I usually like doughnuts without heavy toppings. I am more into simple doughnuts if I can say either with cinnamon, sugar, bits of chocolate glaze, that’s enough for me. As I love doughnuts, I have my favorite recipe to make it. There are so many recipes on the internet and I have tried those. This one is easy to make:
200 gr Bread flour
50 gr Plain flour
1 Large egg
70 ml full cream milk
5 gr yeast
50 gr butter (I use salted butter)
40 gr sugar
a bit salt if you’d like (i don’t do salt)
1. Combine Yeast, sugar and flour together then put in the mixer
2. Add egg and pour milk gradually until dough starts to come together. I use low speed mixer and let it mix for a while
3. Once you see it is sticky, add butter and salt and keep mixing (in the low-medium speed) until the dough is not sticky anymore.
4. Prove the dough for 45 minutes until it rises double size
5. Punch down the dough and knead lightly
6. Make smaller round dough around 40 gr/each and put them onto tray then prove them for 15 minutes
7. Once the smaller dough rise, make the hole for each dough using small bottle lid or whatever you have, just make sure it is clean and dry.
8. Heat oil and make it into low-medium heat then deep fry the doughnut. Only turn the doughnuts once when you see the bottom are puffed and golden.
9. Once the doughnuts are ready, you can use any topping you want. I usually put sugar or cinnamon.